Wednesday, August 3, 2011

People who you haven't seen for years...

Moving back to the Gold Coast certainly was a hard decision. You see, when you live in Melbourne you get spoilt for choice - and on top of the choice, you can actually eat dinner after 6.30 at night - I know this is a foreign concept for Queenslanders...

There is so much food. So much so that in the first 12months of living in Melbourne I ballooned 20kgs! That was a quite a shock, but I'm happy to say that I'm now more than half way to losing the weight that I found in Melbourne...but that's another story...

The point of this post is that moving back to the Gold Coast, after you've grown up here makes you realise what a SMALL place it really is. Sure you bump into people in Melbourne but no where near as often. So far I've run into about 20 people that I know. And it's both been great and not so great running into them, but the reality is we are all different people - if you think about when you were in Primary School how much it mattered that you weren't having Tuckshop and ALL your friends were - or that your sports shoes weren't the latest Nike's around - it was like the world was going to end. But now that we're 'all grown up' these HUGE things really are insignificant.

Anyway, I'm really off topic now - what I wanted to say was - a friend of mine from Primary School wrote me an email in response to a recent post - and it was really insightful. It made me stop and think and really listen - afterall I hadn't seen her for a decade and a half - how could she have this insight? I was perplexed but so pleasantly surprised at the same time.

So don't discount what anyone says to you. It may be just what you need to hear at that time in your life. Like Sarah Wilson says - (www.sarahwilson.com.au) - you have to listen to what the world is saying to you - the world sends you messages - and it's up to us to listen and action. Sarah is a big believer in 3's - if she hears something three times then she does something about it - as hard as that may be! I on the other hand have been known to ignore the world sending me messages until they come up and smack me right in the face!

I know that was a whole lot of jumble words but hopefully there is some meaning in it for someone - even if you haven't read my blog before - maybe, just maybe that will be what you needed to hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment